Home  »  Finance   »  Is Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) stock a better investmen...

Is Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) stock a better investment at this time?

Novartis AG (NVS)’s stock has witnessed a price hike of 0.46% from the previous close with its current price standing at $81.86. Its current price is -13.98% under its 52-week high of $95.17 and 3.51% more than its 52-week low of $79.09. Based on the past 30-day period, the stock price is -11.35% below the high and +1.88% above the low.

3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.

We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.

Click here for full details and to join for free.


The 200-day Simple moving average is often placed more emphasis on by traders because of daily price changes. Investors will use the SMA-200 in different situations in trading activity as a key indicator to determine their support and resistance levels, and at the moment, NVS’s SMA-200 is $85.67.

Additionally, you should consider the price-to-sales ratio a company has had for the past year, which is 3.63 right now. Likewise, its price to free cash flow for the last twelve months stands at 33.81. NVS’s price to book ratio for the most recent quarter was 2.95, resulting in an 10.23 price to cash per share for the period.

How does Novartis AG (NVS) stock rate among analysts? Buy, sell, or hold?

The key to trading is to concentrate on the future rather than on the past. During uncertain times, it can be hard to make decisions. The analysts who understand how a market works are usually the most accurate at forecasting its future. Currently, there are 6 brokerage firms that recommend the stock as a Moderate Buy. The ratings are commonly aggregated into a single number between 1 and 5. Buy or strong buy is scored 5, outperform is scored 4, hold is scored 3, underperform is scored 2 and strong sell is 1. Using a scale of 1-5, the current average recommendation is 3.67 in simple terms.

Novartis AG (NVS): Earnings History

If we examine Novartis AG’s recent earnings history, in the last quarter ended on 3/30/2022, it posted adjusted earnings per share of $1.46, slashing the consensus of $1.46. In other words, it topped the consensus by $0, resulting in a 0.00% surprise. In the 3 months period before the previous quarter which was closed on 3/30/2022, the stock recorded adjusted earnings per share of $1.46 in contrast with the Outlook of $1.46. That was a difference of $0 and a surprise of 0.00%.

Novartis AG (NVS): Earnings History

Most analysts expect public companies to report earnings and revenue in line with their projections, but sometimes these figures vary from what they actually expected. In the current quarter, the company had earnings predictions made by 3 different analysts, who are expecting earnings to fall in between the range of 1.57 and 1.46 with an average Earnings Estimate of 1.52 which is in contrast with the last year earnings estimate of 1.64 and also replicates -7.32% growth rate year over year.

Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) Ownership Details

I will give a breakdown of the key shareholders in Novartis AG (NVS). Recent figures show that the company’s insiders hold 0.01% of shares. A total of 1,243 institutional investors hold shares in the company, making 9.49% of its stock and 9.49% of its float.

Dec 30, 2021, it was reported that the Company’s largest institutional holder is Dodge & Cox Inc holding total of 28.25 million shares that make 1.16% of the company’s total number of shares and are currently priced at 2.47 billion.

The securities firm Loomis Sayles & Company, LP holds 17.89 million shares of NVS, making it the second largest institutional shareholder. Taking this into account, the holding percentage comes to 0.74%, and the holding percentage of shares is valued at 1.57 billion.

An overview of Novartis AG’s technicals

In order to learn about trade movements and investor behavior, it is best to analyze the short, medium, and long term technical indicators along with the average volume of a stock. A 20-day average of the stock’s daily volume suggests Novartis AG (NVS) traded 1,995,077 shares per day, with a moving average of $86.61 and price change of -9.04. With the moving average of $87.92 and a price change of -11.07, about 2,430,405 shares changed hands on average over the past 50 days. Finally, NVS’s 100-day average volume is 2,581,598 shares, alongside a moving average of $87.18 and a price change of -3.47.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Related Posts




Download Free eBook For

The 5 Best Growth Stocks 2022

100% free. stop anytime no spam